Monday 23 May 2011

The configuring of the standalone computer to meet user needs. (P6)

The first thing I configured was the keyboard layout, language and location of the computer within the Windows XP installation screens. The screen gave the default options of the keyboard layout being "US" and the default language was "English (United States)" and finally the location being the United States. To change the location and language I hit the "Customise" button and within there changed the drop downs to "United Kingdom" and "English (UK)". To change the keyboard layout I hit the "Details" button and changed it to "UK". I then hit next and the configuration was complete.

The next configuration I did was configuring the screen resolution as the OS had not automatically configured this. I right clicked on the desktop and selected the "Properties" button on the drop down menu and it opened the window that allows for customisation of all elements of the computer. I went to the "Display" tab and changed the resolution from 600x440 to 1024x768 which fitted the screen better.

While I had this window open I decided to go to the "Screen Saver" tab and go into the "Power Options" and changed the "Standby Mode" from "after 30 mins" to "after 10 mins" to save more energy. I then went back to the "Display" tab and changed the display picture from a dog to a windows picture as this is more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment