Monday 23 May 2011

The setting up of a standalone computer system.

The setting up of a standalone computer system was really easy due to the fact I have set up a few before. The main issue was checking that the computer had all the relevant power cables connected as this is the main problem that can stop it working and is easy to miss. I made sure before I started I had properly set up the anti-static kit to make sure that no accidents could happen to break the components.

I had to insert a power supply in order to get the standalone system to work. Once the anti-static kit was prepared I began by removing all the cables attached to various components inside the computer. I then removed the screws in the back of the old PSU to allow it to be removed as all the cables were not connected anymore. As I removed the cables I  made a note of which cable went were because it would make it easier to plug them all back in.

Once removed I then inserted the new PSU into the top and screwed it into the case so it did not move around. I then untangled the cables and systematically went through and made sure each cable was connected in the right port. I then did a last sweep to check all the cables were in the right place then plugged the kettle lead into the back and turned the power on. Then I turned the PC on and checked everything was working, and it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment